The design contest “Using legal timber in construction, architecture and interior” was organized to aim at promoting and honoring students’ innovations in the use of legal timber, as well as encouraging the use of plantation wood, particularly domestic plantations, or recycled wood in their designs, works, also products.
The contest rolled out in Hanoi Architectural University (HAU), Hanoi University of Civil Engineering (HUCE), and the Mien Trung University of Civil Engineering (MUCE). Board of Judges consist of representatives of CED’s, Wood Associations and donors, as well as architects. The board includes following members:
- Mrs. Tô Kim Liên – Director – Center for Education and Development (CED).
- Arch. Nguyễn Chánh Phương – Vice general director AA Corporation – General secretary HAWA
- Arch. Đoàn Thanh Hà – Chief architect – H&Parchitects.
- Arch. Phạm Thanh Huy – Director – 282 Design.
First round ended up with 19 qualified projects was elected to the final round. Finally, the board designated 5 ones consist of 1 first prize, 2 second prizes, 2 third prizes.
1. The first prize: Phan Thiết experience center of traditional fish sauce village. Location: Phan Thiết, Việt Nam. Students: Mai Ngọc Ánh and Bùi Thị Lan (HUCE).
2. The second prize: HuLa Village – Hula Village – A Koala rescue and recovery center. Location: Tamborine Mountain, Queensland, Ustralia, Students: Nguyễn Kiên Tố, Mai Ngọc Ánh, Âu Thái Sơn (HUCE).
3. The second prize: Cai Rang floating market. Location: Cần Thơ, Việt Nam. Students: Nguyễn Trí Trường Giang, Đào Sơn Tùng, Đào Sơn Lâm (HUCE).
4. The third prize: Trần Nhân Tông historical museum. Location: Quảng Ninh, Việt Nam. Student: Nguyễn Đăng Hải (HAU).
5. The third prize: MUCE Pavilion. Location: the Mien Trung University of Civil Engineering, Phú Yên, Việt Nam. Student: Lê Ngọc Thùy Dung (MUCE).