The EU FAO FLEGT Programme promotes the implementation of the FLEGT Action Plan by improving forest governance, providing technical assistance, and building capacity through funding projects in eligible countries. In pursuit of these objectives, the EU FAO FLEGT Programme has provided support for the project entitled “Ensuring timber legality in the domestic market and promote the use of legal and sustainable timber in Vietnam”. The project is implemented by the Center for Education and Development (CED) in partnerships with Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI). Please see http://ced.edu.vn/ for more information on CED, and http://www.vcci.com.vn/ for more information on VCCI.
The overall project objective is: To promote responsible domestic timber procurement and consumption in Vietnam.
Under this project, CED will partner with some selected business associations and universities, namely: Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), Universities in Hanoi, Khanh Hoa, Phu Yen in order to produce, achieve or deliver the following outputs:
Output 1: Increased understanding of the knowledge, attitudes and practices of legal timber and timber products amongst Vietnamese users
Output 2: The promotion of responsible timber consumption amongst timber users of Vietnam.
Output 3: Monitoring, evaluation and visibility framework developed
To implement the activities proposed under the above-mentioned project, CED is currently looking for a Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and work with CED’s team and will be based at CED’s office in Hanoi.
Qualification and competencies required:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in forestry or relevant subjects.
- At least five years of working experience in forestry and foreign-aided forestry projects with knowledge on VPA/FLEGT would be an advantage.
- Skills and experiences in project implementation
- Experience and skills in working with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Good skills in writing project reports and research reports.
- Proactive and independent work style essential.
The Forestry Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support and advice for the project team and partners to work with the project beneficiaries in the timber sector. His/her primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical support and advice for designing and finalizing the assessment of need, including reviewing tools and methods.
- Play an active role in improving the understanding of VPA/FLEGT and forest governance for local partners and CED project team.
- Review and edit documents and materials developed under this project.
- Review reports and documents as needed to ensure that it sounds professional and relevant for the business sector.
- Develop good collaborative relationships with relevant project stakeholders (including relevant governmental agencies, organizations in the VNGO-FLEGT networks, forestry experts, etc).
- Provide technical support for VCCI project team and consultant.
- Perform other related work as required by the Project Manager.
- Working time: 3 days per month for 12 months.
Interested candidates can submit letters of interest and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.