The EU FAO FLEGT Programme promotes the implementation of the FLEGT Action Plan by improving forest governance, providing technical assistance, and building capacity through funding projects in eligible countries. In pursuit of these objectives, the EU FAO FLEGT Programme has provided support for the project entitled “Ensuring timber legality in the domestic market and promote the use of legal and sustainable timber in Vietnam”. The project is implemented by the Center for Education and Development (CED) in partnerships with Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI). Please see http://ced.edu.vn/ for more information on CED, and http://www.vcci.com.vn/ for more information on VCCI.
The overall project objective is: To promote responsible domestic timber procurement and consumption in Vietnam.
Under this project, CED will partner with some selected business associations and universities, namely: Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), Universities in Hanoi, Khanh Hoa, Phu Yen in order to produce, achieve or deliver the following outputs:
Output 1: Increased understanding of the knowledge, attitudes and practices of legal timber and timber products amongst Vietnamese users
Output 2: The promotion of responsible timber consumption amongst timber users of Vietnam.
Output 3: Monitoring, evaluation and visibility framework developed
To implement the activities proposed under the above-mentioned project, CED is currently looking for a Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager, work with CED’s team and will be based at CED’s office in Hanoi.
Qualification and competencies required:
- Minimum two years of experience in program management with an international organization or government agency.
- Background in environment management, forestry preferred.
- Ability to analyze, prepare and manage budgets.
- Knowledge of and experience with Vietnamese organizations and government agencies.
- Understanding of international and government funding agencies.
- A post-graduate degree in environmental management, forestry, environmental economics or relevant subject is preferred. A university degree with relevant work experience will be considered.
- Keen understanding of forestry governance issues in Vietnam.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Strong drafting abilities in both English and Vietnamese.
- Proactive and independent work style essential.
Under the Project Manager, the Program Coordinator will provide support for the FLEGT program implementation in line with the policies and procedures of FAO and CED.
- Draft Letters of Agreement (L/As), Letters of Contract (L/Cs), Terms of Reference, Program Budget and Payment Schedule, and narrative reports.
- Observe and monitor program activities, assist grantees and partners with program management and administration, and maintain documentation of grant activities.
- Help to prepare annual program budget, program highlights, and other reports to the FAO.
- Assist the Project Manager with funding source management, including review budget tracking.
- Understand and implement requirements placed on CED by FAO.
- Draft letters to Vietnamese partners and related stakeholders to implement programs and prepare reports to donors.
- Provide translation and interpretation when needed.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good relations with relevant stakeholders related to FLEGT in Vietnam.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Vietnamese organizations and government agencies, and other international NGOs working on FLEGT issues in Vietnam.
- Attend and represent the project at conferences, events, and donor coordination meetings, as directed by the Program Manager.
- Perform other related work as required by the Project Manager.
Interested candidates can submit a letters of interest and CVs to email@example.com.