The EU FAO FLEGT Programme promotes the implementation of the FLEGT Action Plan by improving forest governance, providing technical assistance, and building capacity through funding projects in eligible countries. In pursuit of these objectives, the EU FAO FLEGT Programme has provided support for the project entitled “Ensuring timber legality in the domestic market and promote the use of legal and sustainable timber in Vietnam”. The project is implemented by the Center for Education and Development (CED) in partnerships with Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI). Please see http://ced.edu.vn/ for more information on CED, and http://www.vcci.com.vn/ for more information on VCCI.
The overall project objective is: To promote responsible domestic timber procurement and consumption in Vietnam.
Under this project, CED will partner with some selected business associations and universities, namely: Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), Universities in Hanoi, Khanh Hoa, Phu Yen in order to produce, achieve or deliver the following outputs:
Output 1: Increased understanding of the knowledge, attitudes and practices of legal timber and timber products amongst Vietnamese users
Output 2: The promotion of responsible timber consumption amongst timber users of Vietnam.
Output 3: Monitoring, evaluation and visibility framework developed
To implement the activities proposed under the above-mentioned project, CED is currently looking for a Project Account (six months). The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and work with CED’s team and will be based at CED’s office in Hanoi.
Qualification and competencies required:
- University degree in accounting, finance or related fields;
- Atleast 2 years of experiences in finance and accounting works;
- Solid experience of budgeting, planning and reporting on foreign funded projects;
- Work experience in projects financed by NGOs and international financial
organizations is preferable;
- Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures of the Government;
- Knowledge of international organizations/agencies’ and national financial regulations and procedures;
- Good secretarial skills and good organizational capacity;
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software;
- Appropriate English language skills, both spoken and
Under the Project Manager, the Program Accountant will provide support for the FLEGT program implementation in line with the policies and procedures of FAO and CED.
- Participate in preparation of project work plans;
- Prepare documentation to ensure flow of funds for project implementation on a timely basis;
- Prepare periodic financial plans as required for Project implementation on a timely basis;
- Participate in quarterly work planning and progress reporting meetings with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Setup the accounting system, including financial reporting forms and filing system for the project, in accordance with the Project document and FAO procedures;
- Enterfinancial transactions into the computerized accounting system;
- Reconcileall balance sheet accounts and keep a file of all completed reconciliation;
- Prepareproject financial reports as required;
- Beresponsible for all related finance and accounting works as required in the Grant Agreement
- Check and ensure all expenditures of the project are in accordance with government and FAO This includes ensuring that receipts are obtained for all payments;
- Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are correctly booked to the correct budget lines;
- Ensure documentation relating to payments are duly approved by the Director;
- Ensure Petty Cash is reviewed and updated and records are kept up-to-date;
- Continuously improve the system & procedures to enhance internal controls satisfy the audit requirements.
- Bank accounts should be reconciled and reported on or before the 8th of each month;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements, including computation of interests gained to be included into
- Maintain a proper inventory of project assets register, including numbering, recording and reporting;
- Maintain the inventory file to support purchases of all equipment/assets.
- Working time: 6 months in a 12 – month project.
Interested candidates can submit letters of interest and CVs to email@example.com.