VPAs are among the key tools of the EU Forest Law Enforcement, Government and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan of 2003. As of mid-2016, 15 countries were negotiating or implementing VPAs with the EU. Vietnam and the EU began negotiating the VPA in 2010. On 11 May 2017, Vietnam and the EU initialed the VPA. Initialing marked the formal conclusion of the negotiations.
- What impacts does VPA have?
- How will the VPA beneﬁt Vietnam?
- What benefits have already arisen from the VPA process?
- Is the VPA fair to small-scale operators in the sector?
- How does the VPA protect community rights?
Learn more about Impacts of VPA from the video below: